Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Random Reads

I found this fun idea on I'm Loving Books. Sarah came up with the idea of picking one random book out of your Goodreads To-Read list (using Random.org) to read within the month. Check out her site for more details...Random Reads Meme – Hosted by ImLovingBooks.com


This sounded like a fun way to pick my next book, so I decided to go for it. Random.org chose book #38 for me, which happened to be The Power by L.J. Smith.  The only problem is that The Power is book #3 in The Secret Circle series and I haven't read the first two books.  So, I decided to bend the rules just a little bit and read The Initiation (the first book in the series) instead.


The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1)


I actually added this book to my To-Read list on April 1, 2012 because I was watching the TV Series on The CW. This peaked my curiosity about the books (since the books are always better than the shows, right?).  I obviously didn't pay much attention when I added the books to my list, though, because it took me by surprise when I saw my Random.org choice and saw that The Secret Circle series was written in 1992!  Just take a look at the cheesy 90's cover and it becomes pretty obvious, but I had no idea. But, don't you worry - I'm never one to back down on a challenge.  After all, it's all part of the fun of choosing a book at random. I'll let you know how the book compares to the show. And I just might have to read the Vampire Diaries books too.  (Once again, I had NO idea they were so old!  But I LOVE The Vampire Diaries!).  So, stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read it - the show was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the show too, Sarah! Check out my review of the series - I really enjoyed it. It was different from the series in some ways, but still exceeded my expectations.

      Delete